Erlang forums (was Re: PING TEST)

Richard O'Keefe raoknz@REDACTED
Thu Dec 23 11:29:33 CET 2021

Vance Shipley's point about an absence of spam is well taken.
That doesn't just happen.  gmail mistakes a surprising amount
of Erlang e-mail as spam, so I have to trawl my spam box more
often than I wish to or I miss things.

A UCD/M$oft study back in about 2006 reported that
"forum spamming is a widespread problem. ... On two blog sites,
than half (75% and 54% respectively) of the blogs are spam, and
even on a major and reputably well maintained blog site, 8.1% of the blogs
are spam"
so presumably keeping a forum spam-free also takes constant work.

Just for grins, if I *were* paying for the support of this
mailing list, what would my fair share be?

On Thu, 23 Dec 2021 at 17:23, Vance Shipley <vances@REDACTED> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 21, 2021 at 7:38 AM Richard O'Keefe <raoknz@REDACTED> wrote
> > It would be interesting to see the numbers for how much money and
effort it takes to run a mailing list -vs- a forum.