Create an install-able RPM from rebar3 release

Mikael Pettersson mikpelinux@REDACTED
Tue Dec 14 20:51:22 CET 2021

On Tue, Dec 14, 2021 at 8:05 PM Ben Adams <ben@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm working on creating an installable version of my app in RPM and DEB format.
>
> When starting the app after rpm install:
>
> ===============================
> /usr/app/rel/app1/bin/app1 foreground
> Exact ERTS version (12.1.5) match not found, instead using 12.1.5. The release may fail to run.
> init terminating in do_boot ({load_failed,[logger_simple_h,logger_config,logger_backend,logger_server,logger_filters,logger,kernel,heart,file_io_server,file_server,file,error_logger,code_server,code,a
>
> Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump...done
>
> ===============================
>
> This is my build script:
>
> ===============================
> # Build Code
> ./rebar3 release
>
> # Start RPM BUILD PROCESS
> mkdir -p rel/usr/app1
>
> rsync -avz _build/default/ rel/usr/app1/
> fpm -s dir \
>     -t rpm \
>     --depends erlang \
>     -n app1 \
>     -C "$(pwd)/rel" \
>     -v 0.0.1 \
>     --iteration 1

What's "fpm"?

We use plain old rpm-build and a .spec file to package our main
service as an RPM, and it has worked fine for many years now. We don't
use "releases" in that one however (other smaller services do, but not
that one).