Erlang forums (was Re: PING TEST)

Michael Truog mjtruog@REDACTED
Sun Dec 5 21:06:10 CET 2021

On 12/3/21 4:55 AM, Vance Shipley wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 4:27 PM Richard O'Keefe <raoknz@REDACTED> wrote:
>> As far as I am concerned, anything that diverts traffic away from the Erlang
>> mailing list to a labyrinth like erlangforums.com is a Bad Thing.  Sigh.
> Yep.  Email is far from perfect but no one has come up with a suitable
> replacement yet.

I agree.

Any forum website is too opaque and lacks permanence.  The information
in a forum is more difficult to access and index for search engines.
While the forum may offer better emojis and more opportunity to use
images, that doesn't improve the quality of the information.  A forum is
beneficial for advertising and marketing purposes, to have tracking of
user engagement, though that may not be the intent of erlangforums.com.