Re: I am close to using a behaviour as a pure interface and I feel dirty...

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Wed Aug 25 13:41:53 CEST 2021

I'll drop in this effort that was made years ago: https://github.com/erlware/erlware_commons/blob/master/doc/signatures.md

But I'm not saying I recommend it, I don't know that it is used much and I'd like to deprecate erlware_commons in the not too distant future (it is a dependency used by rebar3/relx and we want to remove as many of those as possible).

I'll also point out my use of behaviours to provide APIs for functionality (an Application Programming INTERFACE -- so "interface" isn't always an OOP construct). Hah, just realized I even called it an "interface" in my most recent PR https://github.com/open-telemetry/opentelemetry-erlang/pull/269