Connecting cluster with different cookies

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Tue Aug 10 11:04:21 CEST 2021

On Mon, 9 Aug 2021 at 17:21, Raimo Niskanen
<raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
> So, what says the Community?  How important feature is it
> to be able to connect nodes with different cookies?

Consider another use-case that might inform a wider view: if I've got
a cluster running with a fixed cookie, and I want to rotate that
cookie (maybe in place, maybe as I bring new nodes into the cluster
and retire old ones), how do I do that?

Could the way that Erlang uses cookies be simplified (yet generalised)
to handle both use cases? Is there a larger story hiding under all
this?