Connecting cluster with different cookies

Stanislav Ledenev s.ledenev@REDACTED
Mon Aug 9 22:04:14 CEST 2021

Just  couple of thoughts:

Wouldn't the removal of erlang:set_cookie() have a huge impact on one of
the cool
features of Erlang - dynamic reconfiguration of the running system without
stopping it?
This function is the only dynamic way of setting a cookie. Two others are
static, i.e.
through the file and command line parameter.

And also for security demanding applications which work within insecure
environments erlang:set_cookie() is a very useful function. I.e. read cookie
(which changes in time) from a trusted storage and set it without stopping
the
whole system.