Update inets from RFC2616 to RFC7230?

Gulyás Attila toraritte@REDACTED
Mon Oct 5 06:55:21 CEST 2020

Hi,

Are there any plans to update inets to conform to RFC7230? Couldn't find
much on google.. (one example is https://github.com/erlang/otp/pull/2206)

I know there's a plethora of modern http client and server projects out
there, but there are good use cases to use only the built-in app, and if it
is already in there, why not keep it up to date? Unless I missed the
announcement that it is planned to be phased out.

I presume the answer will be along the lines of having little time for it
(as there have been tons of great additions to the language in the past
releases). If that's the case, would contributions be accepted towards this
goal?

Appreciatively,
Attila