Compilation using multiple cores?

Oliver Korpilla oliver.korpilla@REDACTED
Mon Nov 30 13:45:30 CET 2020

Hello,

we compile 8 Erlang files in our project, each a rather large file
generated with asn1ct.

Currently we only see 1 core being utilized when compiling these, and
I'm trying to find out if this is a limitation of the build tool (mix)
or the underlying compiler (erlc).

Since these files have no dependencies on each other, I guess I could
call separate erlc processes in parallel on my own?

How does compilation with erlc work? Is it single-threaded?

Thank you,
Oliver