Regarding Cigarette Smoker's problem

Mon Nov 9 14:49:35 CET 2020

Since you are having some errors, it would be far better to describe what
you are trying to do, and post the code somewhere we can take a look at it
(gists on github for instance, but other pastebins might also work). We
aren't a homework ATM, sorry :)

The problem is interesting in that there are multiple solutions to the
problem, and much of the good stuff comes from discussing said solutions.
Part of the game is to understand why (counting) semaphores implemented
naively will not work and deadlocks.

--
J.