http_uri:decode equivalent in uri_string module

Shunichi Shinohara shino.shun@REDACTED
Mon Mar 2 05:15:13 CET 2020

Hi List,

I'm now trying OTP-23.0-rc1 and find http_uri module's several functions are now
marked deprecated. The decode fuction, which just decodes "%HexHex", is one of
them and the compiler suggests to use uri_string module.
https://github.com/erlang/otp/blob/OTP-23.0-rc1/lib/inets/src/http_lib/http_uri.erl#L68

Reading uri_string.erl but I could not find equivalent function in it...
Similar one is decode function but it's module private, and it has
utf8 validation.
It's easy to implement it in my app, but it may be better that OTP has
the altenative.

Thanks,
Shino