On the use of Core Erlang vs Abstract Syntax by tools after 23.0

Stavros Aronis aronisstav@REDACTED
Mon Jun 8 17:37:47 CEST 2020

Another thought here.

According to the relevant repository (https://github.com/erlang/eep),
EEP-52 was opened on January 29th with a title about binaries and maps
and was accepted on February 7th, even though the only other external
commenter (https://erlang.org/pipermail/eeps/2020-January/000633.html)
(Jose Valim) said that they do not know enough about Core Erlang to
comment on that aspect. I suspect that Kostis (among others) would
probably have had some opinions... Perhaps even I would, if I had
realised the implications (unlikely), although even then I am usually
more inclined to shrug and do the eventual re-engineering on my end...

I failed to find any other visible reference to EEP-52, Core Erlang,
etc. until 23.0 rc releases, again with only maps and binaries
mentioned, although I am not following every message in the main
mailing list, and I am not even subscribed in the EEP one.

Would someone be willing to remind me why EEPs are discussed for a
relatively short period of time away from erlang-questions?

/Stavros