OTP 23 Release Candidate 3 had been released

Wed Apr 29 13:25:30 CEST 2020

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 11:19:45AM +0300, Max Lapshin wrote:
> 3)
> inet_backend is not supported for ssl sockets. It is very
> inconvenient, because I have to write lot of case clauses to put this
> option (first! and it is mandatory) in the option list only for
> gen_tcp.

As you noticed inet_backend is not complete yet... ;-)

To require the inet_backend option to be first in the options list saves us
from having to traverse the whole options list to find an override over the
global kernel variable inet_backend.

The question is if this optimization costs more than it tastes?  It is only
for gen_tcp:connect and gen_tcp:listen, so traversing a list is maybe not a
problem at all...

For SSL sockets, inet_backend can right now only work for the client side.
The server assumes it is a port and sets up a link to the port to be able
to supervise the socket from a process that is not the owner.  Here a
monitoring feature that works for all inet_backend options is missing.

Best regards