[erlang-questions] Famous threads?

Yestin L. Harrison yestin@REDACTED
Wed May 29 05:17:08 CEST 2019

Thank you, all; I appreciate the sentiment. There are definitely some
links on this Spawned Shelter page that weren't already in my bookmarks.
:) Perhaps, though, I should clarify just how "relative" "relatively
green" was supposed to mean: I'm two years and three main projects deep,
and know how to operate a search engine; it's just that I haven't yet
judged myself fit to "break into the industry", nor have I participated
awfully much in the broader Erlang community. The most informative talks
I've seen, by and large, come from 2009-2014, and my picture of where
things stand gets progressively hazier after that. The sorts of
questions I still end up having are: "Should I bother  maintaining a
makefile for libraries I intend to release or does everyone just  use
rebar3 now?", "If I'm writing a source-to-source compiler for a well-
established DSL in the vein of `asn1ct` or `snmpc`, should I take pains
to stay as consistent as possible with the various modules listed in
`erl_compile`?", or "What sense do I make of all these undocumented yet
invaluable functions like io:request/2”? I'm currently /specifically/
curious  as to whether there are insights or bits of history hiding in
the  erlang-questions archive in particular, snapshots of the zeitgeist,
lesser-known aphorisms from the creators, that sort of thing. I'm
looking to develop my personal almanac of the Erlang ecosystem and
community, as it were, so I can stop feeling that no matter how much
reference material I pore over I'm still on the outside looking in, at
least as it regards how other Erlang programmers actually operate today.

I hope that makes sense; I understand what I'm ultimately asking is
somewhat vague.