[erlang-questions] Famous threads?

Yestin L. Harrison yestin@REDACTED
Tue May 28 15:32:20 CEST 2019

I'm still relatively green to all this Erlang business. Considering that this
list's first message predates my birth by a few months, and seeing references
to threads everywhere from recordings of Erlang talks to StackOverflow answers,
I was wondering if anyone could name any sort of "required reading" as it
concerns design philosophy, shared culture, programming style, unspoken
guidelines, heuristics, or anything else under the sun, that may only be
obvious to relative veterans of this list. For instance, Garrett Smith's "Why
the Cool Kids Don't Use Erlang" (2014) mentions the then-recent "bikeshed
thread" that was apparently notorious enough to warrant a survey, and I can't
for the life of me dig that out of the archive. If I can compile a list of
such things, I may well be able to upload that somewhere for others' future
reference.