[erlang-questions] Performance bottleneck of Custom Behavior

Mikael Pettersson mikpelinux@REDACTED
Wed May 15 12:13:29 CEST 2019

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:35 AM Prakash Parmar
<prakash.parmar@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We have a custom behavior based on gen_server with single callback function. After profiling the code we found that invoking a callback function is taking consider amount of time. The argument of callback is record of 50 elements. Did this huge record is a problem ?

If this 50-element record is passed across process boundaries, then
yes you may see some performance hit.  As long as the value is simply
passed around in a single process it shouldn't cause any issue.