[erlang-questions] Distibuted-Erlang practical case studies / examples

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Mon May 13 09:59:05 CEST 2019

Hello!

In the original usecase of Erlang (the AXD) the Erlang nodes were
running on "cards" in different slots in the same chassis. The
distribution was used for example to achieve high availability, so in
the unlikely event that a node went down, the state was duplicated on
the stand-by node. This was implemented probably before HTTP REST was
invented at all. Don't forget, the reason why HTTP REST APIs exists in
the first place is that today's internet is not an "everybody
connected to everybody" network, but a bunch of (fire)walled "gardens"
connected to each other where the firewalls don't let anything pass
through, but HTTP. So if you control the network between your nodes,
you can use Erlang distribution, if you don't, you probably have no
other choice than to implement something over HTTP.

I Gusti Ngurah Oka Prinarjaya <okaprinarjaya@REDACTED> ezt írta
(időpont: 2019. máj. 12., V, 16:45):