[erlang-questions] QNX + Erlang R18

Lukas Larsson lukas@REDACTED
Thu May 2 13:34:17 CEST 2019

On Thu, May 2, 2019 at 11:11 AM Денис Кононенко <deniskononenko@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hello!
> I'm try build Erlang R18 for QNX
>
> My steps:
> 1 ./configure enable-bootstrap-only
> 2 make
> success
>
> erl_xcomp_sysroot=/opt/qnx650/target/qnx6 ./configure without-javac
> without-termcap disable-hipe host=XXXX build=YYY
> make
> make releas RELEASE_ROOT=....
> success
> copy result to the host system
>
> ./Install -minimal ....
> success
>
> /opt/otp18.3/bin/erl
>
> Failed to create main carrier for temp_alloc
>
> Abort (core dumped)

I would guess that this is because mmap does not work as Erlang wants it to
work. I would suggest using strace (or similar tool) to see what syscalls
are made and see what the calls to mmap returns. You could also try to
disable the Erlang memory manager and fallback to malloc by using "erl
+Meamin".