[erlang-questions] true

Donald Steven t6sn7gt@REDACTED
Wed Mar 27 23:21:36 CET 2019

As someone very new to Erlang, I find it interesting to follow the
discussion on guards.

FWIW, the *only* thing about Erlang that drives me to distraction is the
use of the atom 'true' as a reliable "or, if the above ain't so" default
value for the expression.  If only (how I wish it were so) the atom
wasn't so often completely at odds -- and at times the inverse -- of the
normal English 'read' of the if expression.  Please consider
grandfathering 'true' (not to break old code) and coming up with a
logically less committed atom-of-the-future such as 'default' or
'otherwise'.

Don