[erlang-questions] Elixir community, please be more responsible; Erlang community, please demand it.

Attila Rajmund Nohl attila.r.nohl@REDACTED
Sun Mar 24 22:00:21 CET 2019

Hello!

Calling Elixir from Erlang is similar problem to calling C++ from C.
Possible? In certain cases: yes, I've done that, the (mangled) function
name looks ugly - but there's no way to instantiate C++ templates from C as
the C compiler has no idea about them. Similarly the Erlang compiler has no
idea about Elixir macros.

However, I have an even crazier idea: rebar, mix, hex, etc. know only about
(some of the) BEAM-using languages. But we live in multilingual times, so a
project might use other languages (especially JavaScript) too. Wouldn't it
be cool if a single tool could manage those dependencies, maybe even
generate Erlang/Elixir server code and JavaScript client code from the
interface description... I feel like reinventing CORBA and its IDL :-)

Devon Estes <devon.c.estes@REDACTED> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. márc. 24.,
V, 19:46):