[erlang-questions] State of use_srtp ext in DTLS and TLS 1.3 support.

Albin Stigö albin.stigo@REDACTED
Thu Mar 14 15:38:03 CET 2019

Hi Ingela,

Thanks for the quick reply!

While cb_info certainly is one way of doing it, it feels a bit
complicated... specifically if switching between active and passive
mode. Not sure if ssl ever use passive mode internally? Demuxing is a
different use case, I think..

Something that IMHO would be fantastic and simple (?) would be a
dtls_filter_fun option. If true packet is passed up the ssl stack,
otherwise passed on like a normal udp packet!

There's an RFC regarding the demultiplexing of SRTP/DTLS, it basically
boils down to looking at the first byte of the packet, if it's
[20..63] it should be treated as DTLS otherwise something else. So
this would be absolutely trivial to implement if there was a
dtls_filter_fun...

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7983

Then of course there also has to be a way to bypass DTLS when sending
data... maybe send/3 (Socket, Data, Options)...

What do you think?

--Albin