[erlang-questions] Loading a copy of a module under a different name

Dmitry Kolesnikov dmkolesnikov@REDACTED
Mon Jul 29 14:34:05 CEST 2019

Hello Luca,

I would not give you a straight answer about NIF but I know for sure it is not enough just to load Erlang module in cases of lists. You need to load native library as well.

Typically NIF module has an association with library http://erlang.org/doc/tutorial/nif.html <http://erlang.org/doc/tutorial/nif.html>.
Please note that lists is BIF module, you might not be able to re-bind it with other lib.

I would suggest you to study meck implementation. It deals a lot with module re-loading
https://github.com/eproxus/meck <https://github.com/eproxus/meck>
https://github.com/eproxus/meck/blob/master/src/meck_code.erl <https://github.com/eproxus/meck/blob/master/src/meck_code.erl>

Best Regards,
Dmitry