[erlang-questions] Patch Package OTP 22.0.6 Released

Loïc Hoguin essen@REDACTED
Wed Jul 10 18:08:28 CEST 2019

Hello,

On 10/07/2019 10:18, Erlang/OTP wrote:
>   --- POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITIES -------------------------------------
>
>    OTP-15949    Application(s): dialyzer, hipe
>
>                 The HiPE compiler would badly miscompile certain
>                 try/catch expressions, so it will now refuse to compile
>                 modules containing try or catch.
>
>                 As a consequence of this, dialyzer will no longer
>                 compile key modules to native code.

This means --enable-native-libs is now broken. Results in:

hipe.erl: native-code compilation failed because of an unimplemented
instruction (catch).

That's a bit rough.

Is HiPE just going to slowly rot or are there plans to revive it somehow
(official or not)? Wondering if I should just give up on testing against it.

Cheers,

--
Loïc Hoguin
https://ninenines.eu