[erlang-questions] crypto: priv/obj and OTP-4828

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov@REDACTED
Tue Jul 2 19:44:47 CEST 2019

Hi,

I see the following in the changelog for the quite old version of crypto:

"""
Fixed Bugs and Malfunctions

    It was not possible in R9 to relink the crypto driver. The object
file was missing as well as an example makefile. The crypto driver
object file is now released with the application (installed in
priv/obj). An example makefile has also been added to the priv/obj
directory. The makefile serves as an example of how to relink the driver
on Unix (crypto_drv.so) or Windows (crypto_drv.dll).

    Own Id: OTP-4828 Aux Id: seq8193
"""

priv/obj is still there. I would like to have more details on this
issue. Could somebody give an example when one needs to relink
crypto_drv.so?