[erlang-questions] ETS memory fragmentation after deleting data

Dániel Szoboszlay dszoboszlay@REDACTED
Mon Feb 18 15:06:03 CET 2019

On Mon, 18 Feb 2019 at 14:15 Lukas Larsson <lukas@REDACTED> wrote:

> No need to restart the node, the same effect should be possible to achieve
> by deleting the table and re-creating it.

Yes, that's true. I was just thinking that restarting the node is more
practical, because that's a scenario all applications shall support. On the
other hand re-creating a single ETS table from scratch on a running node is
a feature that would have to be developed and tested a lot before doing it
in production.

Daniel