[erlang-questions] Static Map ( Keys known at compile time )

Prakash Parmar prakash.parmar@REDACTED
Mon Apr 29 08:23:37 CEST 2019

Hello All,

Does Erlang supports Static Maps ? Something like, All possible Keys of Map has to be define at compile time and Can not be added/deleted dynamically.

In a project we have a record with ~50 element and their fields will be accessed/Modified multiple times through out the Business Logic flow. Though we are not storing it in Mnesia. Does replacing Record with Map will be better option in terms of performance ?

The primary thing we want is Static Map. No one should add/delete Keys in Map. Is it Possible ?

Thanks,
Prakash