[erlang-questions] [ANN] GRiSP 2 Kickstarter + Weekly Erlang Live Coding on Twitch.tv

Peer Stritzinger peer@REDACTED
Thu Apr 18 16:33:00 CEST 2019

We make a new version offer GRiSP board and are starting a Erlang Live Coding Channel on Twitch.tv

GRiSP 2
=======

GRiSP is a software platform that allows you to run the full Erlang VM directly on
embedded hardware see https://www.grisp.org

To get a nice use experience we have made a embedded evaluation board which we can
support with our tooling.  Now we are making a second version of this board: GRiSP 2

Main improvements from GRiSP 1 to GRiSP 2:

* New faster and power efficient CPU

* Modular hardware with all essentials on a System on Module -> easier to integrate in your own designs.

* Wifi *and* Ethernet (we only had Wifi on GRiSP 1)

* It runs the GRiSP software stack (BEAM directly on the hardware, tooling for Erlang&Elixir)
  but in addition it will be supporting the Nerves platform (runs Erlang VM with Elixir
  from process number 1 under Linux)

To get started making this we are running a Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/peerstritzinger/grisp-2?ref=b2e8kx

Its fully funded already but we have nice stretch goals like a case and battery management
still to reach.

Disclaimer: we run this as a de facto non profit project so all funding (and quite some of
our own) goes directly into the project which is fully open source.

Twitch live coding channel
==========================

Starting this Friday we will host a weekly Erlang live coding channel on
Twitch.tv where we will work on projects using GRiSP and also work on GRiSP
itself while you can watch us live while you can comment and as questions via chat.

The channel ca be found and followed on here https://www.twitch.tv/grisporg

Twitch.tv on Friday April 19th 2019

https://www.twitch.tv/events/WCUTOIzKRIW2uTO_E8ZQ1w

	• Munich, Germany:  Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 18:00 CEST
	• London, United Kingdom:  Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 17:00 BST
	• New York, USA: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 12:00 EDT
	• San Francisco, USA: Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 09:00 PDT
	• Moscow, Russia:  Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 19:00 MSK
	• Corresponding UTC         Fri, 19 Apr 2019 at 16:00

Best wishes and Happy Easter,
-- Peer