[erlang-questions] .erlangrc

Roger Lipscombe roger@REDACTED
Sun Apr 14 09:45:35 CEST 2019

escript scripts are meant to be standalone. If they have a dependency
on the user's ambient .erlangrc, you're doing it wrong. If you want
node-specific configuration, use file:consult to load it from a
better-named configuration file.

erl, on the other hand, is meant to be an interactive REPL (when run
in that mode), so it's fine for it to vary between users.