[erlang-questions] rebar3 release add extra directories

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Mon Apr 8 17:13:17 CEST 2019

Hi Tommy, there is not support for include filters per application in relx.

I don't have a good answer for how to make this work at this time besides a hack overlay that involves hard coding versions like:

{copy, "_build/default/simple_bridge/etc", "lib/simple_bridge-X.Y.Z/etc"}

We want to have feature parity with reltool but have never prioritized it as a whole, instead only adding such features as they are requested.

But I also find this to be a questionable feature since it means application authors can expect the user to have to use this feature to properly use their app in a release when they should just put the additional files in the priv directory.

Though I suppose it is possible that you'd have multiple directories under priv and want to exclude specific ones in a release, so I take it back on being questionable, but it might be best as a way to only limit what in priv is kept.

I also just took a look at what is in simple_bridge/etc and it is a .config file. Is the application loading this file at run time? How is the user expected to modify the values if that is the case? Defaults should be kept in simple_bridge.app's env list and the user building the release can override them with their own sys.config.

Tristan