[erlang-questions] Throttling HTTP requests

Guilherme Andrade g@REDACTED
Sat Sep 22 15:01:45 CEST 2018

Hello Frank,

If you're looking at imposing some amount of fairness besides a rate limit,
aequitas might be useful for you:

https://github.com/g-andrade/aequitas

It attempts to detect outliers in consumers of resources and throttle them
(in your use case, these could be IP addresses performing an unusually
large number of requests.) It can also enforce a collective rate limit.

On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 at 07:40, Frank Muller <frank.muller.erl@REDACTED>
wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> We have an HTTP web service based Cowboy which is receiving more and more
> traffic.
>
> We would like to implement a throttling mechanism per IP address to limit
> how many request/sec the same IP address can make.
>
> Is there any library out there for that?
> Or any (simple yet efficient) algorithm to implement?
>
> Ideas & feedabacks are very welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> /Frank

Guilherme