[erlang-questions] BEAM in hardware

Lloyd R. Prentice lloyd@REDACTED
Sun Sep 2 15:57:46 CEST 2018

Hi All,

Some 30-odd years ago Chuck Moore, developer of Forth, turned his attention to chip design. He wrote his own chip-design CAD system in Forth and, subsequently designed and brought to silicon an impressive list of successful chips:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_H._Moore

Chuck’s latest inspirations can be seen here:

http://www.greenarraychips.com/

The key to Chuck’s genius:  Pare the problem-at-hand down to it’s essence; seek starkest simplicity. This has kept him out of step with the computing mainstream throughout this career.

Best wishes,

LRP

Sent from my iPad