[erlang-questions] Rebind transform in Erlang 21 and Hygienic macro

Xavier Wang weasley.wx@REDACTED
Wed Nov 28 09:48:46 CET 2018

Hi,

I use the rebind[1] transform for create Hygienic macro.
[1]: https://github.com/camshaft/rebind

such as:

-define(CASE(Expr, A, B),
        try Expr of
          {ok, rebind(Result)} -> A;
          {error, rebind(Err)} -> B
        catch
          throw: {ok, rebind(Result)} -> A;
                 {error, rebind(Err)} -> B
        end).

then I can use ?CASE in A or B, each time macro expanded, the Result and
Err will have a new name such as _Result_REBIND_1_, etc.

But this can not work on Erlang 21, because function call are not allowed
in pattern with the new AST.  How can I get over it? Or are there any other
way to implement the hygienic macro?

--
regards,
Xavier Wang.