[erlang-questions] atomic ETS update with a function?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Mon Nov 19 19:44:09 CET 2018

Currently there is no atomic function to update a ETS value when its not a tuple.  For example if one of my ETS values is a map, and I want to put an element into the map, I have no atomic way to do so.

Is there anyone else that really has a need for a function like :ets.update/3 where arg 1 is ets_table, 2 is key, 3 is fun callback that is called passing the original element and the reply should be the new element?