[erlang-questions] with Erlang R21 rebar3 build fails

Fred Hebert mononcqc@REDACTED
Thu Jun 21 01:21:58 CEST 2018

On 06/20, Mark Geib wrote:
>and rebar3.crashdump is:
>
>geibs-MacBook-Pro:json2splunk geib$ cat rebar3.crashdump
>Error: {badmatch,{error,eperm}}
>[{rlx_prv_overlay,write_template,3,
>                  [{file,"/home/tristan/Devel/rebar3/_build/default/lib/relx/src/rlx_prv_overlay.erl"},
>                   {line,498}]},
>
>Now switching back to erlang R20 I get a successful build
>

>I assume since rebar3 is the same exec, that this is a potential issue with R21.
>Any ideas.???

See http://erlang.org/pipermail/erlang-questions/2018-June/095614.html

OTP-21.0 sees the entire file drivers rewritten. The bug you have seems
to have been reported to the OTP team during OTP-21-rc2.

I don't know exactly what happened between OTP-21-rc2 and OTP-21.0, and
if you'd need to run with a rebar3 built specifically on OTP-21.0 for
things to work fine.