[erlang-questions] UDP receive performance

Rich Neswold rich.neswold@REDACTED
Wed Jun 20 22:00:11 CEST 2018

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 12:07 PM Lukas Larsson <lukas@REDACTED> wrote:

> So if anyone is running a performance critical UDP server that has set the
> "recbuf" to a high value, I really recommend that you lower the "buffer"
> size to something close to the max expected packet size.

That's interesting because the official documentation says:

"It is recommended to have val(buffer) >= max(val(sndbuf),val(recbuf)) to
avoid performance issues because of unnecessary copying."

Maybe the documentation is wrong because that doesn't make much sense;
sndbuf and recbuf are sent to the kernel and are supposed to be bigger than
the user's buffer.

--
Rich