[erlang-questions] UDP receive performance

Jonas Falkevik jonas.falkevik@REDACTED
Fri Jun 15 12:07:22 CEST 2018

> Interesting... I wonder if maybe it wouldn't be better to solve this problem in the code for realloc so that no copy is done when a realloc of the same size if issued... that way we solve it in all places instead of only in the inet_driver

That sounds reasonable. :)
Some extra pointer fiddling will still be done, setting the same values. But that is nothing in comparison.

Why select indicates that the socket is ready for reading but would block seems to boil down to performance.

Jonas