[erlang-questions] Making changes to the erlang libs

Guilherme Andrade g@REDACTED
Wed Jan 24 17:51:11 CET 2018

On 24 January 2018 at 15:14, Frans Schneider <fchschneider@REDACTED> wrote:

> I want to make some changes to xmerl_xsd because I think there is a bug in
> there. I use kerl and made an installation with the latest 20.2 release.
> So, I thought I would just edit the source of xmerl_xsd where kerl
> installed the sources and use c(xmerl_xsd) to compile the thing, however
> nothing happens. I see the beam file getting a new time stamp after
> compiling but its size remains the same, so I assume it compiles using some
> other source file than the one I am editing.
>
> So, what is it I am doing wrong and what is the easiest way to make
> changes to library modules and do some experiments?

You can avoid marking the directories containing key runtime modules as
'sticky'[1]. Would this allow you to load your modified copies of the
modules, residing in your own application? I never tried it, so I'm not
sure, but it seems worth a shot.

[1]: http://erlang.org/doc/man/code.html

--
Guilherme