[erlang-questions] [ANN] locus: Geolocation and ASN lookup of IP addresses

Guilherme Andrade g@REDACTED
Fri Jan 5 19:09:40 CET 2018

Hello,

On 5 January 2018 at 07:02, Max Lapshin <max.lapshin@REDACTED> wrote:

> On what request rates do you get performance problems with egeoip?  we
> have never met them.

I have never reached the limit either, but it's a pattern that has
previously led me to performance issues on other code very often.
At this point it has become ingrained in me that, if I can avoid it at
negligible cost to complexity / maintainability / extensibility, then
that's what I'll do.

Lest someone consider it premature optimization, I rather see it as being
considerate of my future self 6 months from now :-). But that's all very
subjective, of course.

--
Guilherme