[erlang-questions] Any Erlang “hierarchical timing wheel” library?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Tue Dec 18 13:33:52 CET 2018

 Why dont you write your own, since this is a special use case anyways that has a ton of implementations, there is no way youl find an implemenation that will fully satisfy you. Its quite simple too, Hashed and Hierarchical Timing Wheels, scheme #2 here will be VERY performant on erlang.  an ordered_set mnesia table, using dirty_next to get the first element each 1-10ms to check if a timer is ready to pop. Then spawn a new process and pass the event for handling to it.

|  |
Hashed and Hierarchical Timing Wheels

Hashed and Hierarchical Timing Wheels: Data Structures for the Efficient Implementation of a Timing Facility