[erlang-questions] Any Erlang “hierarchical timing wheel” library?

Frank Muller frank.muller.erl@REDACTED
Mon Dec 17 08:46:36 CET 2018

Hi there

I am looking for any Erlang implementation of a “hierarchical timing wheel”
with disk persistency (if possible)?

I need to handle a very large number of timers (around 10 million events)
in my app. Each timer will trigger an associated MFA event.

I’ve one special case: some events can be triggered after a long period of
time (ex. 2 years). The rest of the timers can be considered short (in
minutes, hours or days at max). That’s why “hierarchical timing wheel” can
solve this special case.

Any help/idea/link appreciated.

Thank you
/Frank