[erlang-questions] mnesia_leveled - experimental new Mnesia backend plugin

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Dec 13 19:03:02 CET 2018

At Aeternity, we've been using the rocksdb plugin for Mnesia for some time,
but apart from porting problems to Windows, we're a bit annoyed at the long
compile times.

So we started testing an alternative: leveled [2] is primarily intended as
a replacement for LevelDb as a Riak backend, but the mnesia plugin API is
sufficiently narrow that it might work there too.

Leveled has the nice property that it's (almost) entirely written in
Erlang, so it should be a lot easier to get running on different platforms.

The `mnesia_leveled` [3] plugin is still experimental, but if you want to
play around with it and perhaps contribute, it will be much appreciated.

Note: the mnesia_leveled test suite will currently fail on vanilla OTP, but
does pass with a patch that is currently pending in a pull request [4]. The
failure is only relevant if you intend to use indexing plugins (though of
course, why wouldn't you want to?).

BR,
Ulf W

[1] https://github.com/aeternity/mnesia_rocksdb