[erlang-questions] otp 21.2

Kenneth Lundin kenneth@REDACTED
Wed Dec 12 07:44:32 CET 2018

Den ons 12 dec. 2018 00:47 skrev Sam Overdorf <soverdor@REDACTED>:

> This version does not load my ".erlang" file when I run "escript".
> If I run "erl" it gets loaded as expected.

This is a change made on purpose, and introduced in 21.0.

In the README for OTP-21.0 we have:

--- Improvements and New Features ---

  OTP-14439    Application(s): compiler, dialyzer, erts, stdlib

               *** POTENTIAL INCOMPATIBILITY ***

               Changed the default behaviour of .erlang loading:
               .erlang is no longer loaded from the current directory.
               c:erlangrc(PathList) can be used to search and load an
               .erlang file from user specified directories.

               escript, erlc, dialyzer and typer no longer load an
               .erlang at all.

/Kenneth Erlang/OTP, Ericsson