[erlang-questions] Temporarily violating record type constraints annoys dialyzer

Kostis Sagonas kostis@REDACTED
Fri Dec 7 15:39:18 CET 2018

On 12/7/18 3:06 PM, Boroska András wrote:
> Sorry, I meant bug report on the _compiler_ (not on dialyzer).
>
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 3:04 PM Boroska András <andras.boroska@REDACTED
> <mailto:andras.boroska@REDACTED>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     When defining records the way Daniel suggests dialyzer seems to find
>     problems with record field constraints better. I find it helpful and
>     changed our record definitions everywhere.
>
>     On the other hand when 'warn_untyped_record' compiler option is
>     turned on, it warns us that "record foo has field(s) without type
>     information". (OTP-21.1.3) Shall I open a bug report/feature request
>     on dialyzer?

If, for whatever reason, you find that having records without types
works better for your setting / code base, what's the reason why you
also set the `warn_untyped_record' compiler option?

It's off by default, isn't it?  (And its name explicitly suggests that
it warns when you have record definitions without types, doesn't it?)

Kostis