[erlang-questions] rebar3 and restricted shell

Tristan Sloughter t@REDACTED
Thu Dec 6 15:56:01 CET 2018

Hey Silviu, yea, this is a known pain that we haven't decided on the
best solution for yet. I think it is going to be to just require a
second vm.args if you want anything in it beyond what you mentioned was
in the rebar2 one for remote console.. not sure.
The issue is it isn't always only cookie and name that are needed to use
a remote console, I think this first came up with net_ticktime.
As there became more options people want kept we moved to a blacklist
from a whitelist for vm.args.
The change needed would be in relx, not rebar3, and is either to have
the restricted shell argument removed when in extended_script when it
removes name/sname, support for providing a separate remote console
vm.args so we don't have to do any filtering at all, or templating of
vm.args somehow to specify which are for remote console and which are
for normal runs.
Tristan