[erlang-questions] Fwd: Must and May convention

Roman Galeev jamhedd@REDACTED
Thu Sep 28 11:38:08 CEST 2017

> No messaging, no external resource calls, no ets, no nifs, certain
functions in io and io_lib are out, etc.

So each function sending a message out is impure by definition, therefore
all gen_server calls are impure too. Meaning -pure declarations are
applicable only to a narrow subset of all functions defined. I just wonder
how many paths are in a graph of calls not involving calls to gen_server:*
family in a typical Erlang application.

With best regards,
     Roman Galeev,
     +420 702 817 968