[erlang-questions] Light-weight operating systems supporting Erlang in production web servers

Richard A. O'Keefe ok@REDACTED
Wed Sep 20 00:50:22 CEST 2017

On 19/09/17 9:08 PM, Adam Lindberg wrote:
> Perhaps it's not relevant for you right now, but for an interesting use-case of what is possible: https://www.grisp.org
>
> We're successfully running Erlang bare metal on an ARM Cortex M7 without any kernel (the VM is the kernel!). All our software is open source and available at https://github.com/grisp

Great work.  The software side is really impressive.

One question.  I can get a
"Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with 1.2GHz 64-bit Quad Core and 1GB Ram"
for NZD 69 including tax and run Erlang on it.
(Hmm.  Next time I have some spare cash I must get one...)

Why would I pay NZD300 for a 300MHz board with 64MB of memory?

https://www.grisp.org/specs.html
has a link "Erlang-based custom operating system",
but clicking on that gives me a 404.