[erlang-questions] Is there a way to prevent a crashing process from sending a message to error_logger?

Vans S vans_163@REDACTED
Fri Sep 15 20:50:12 CEST 2017

I am dealing with crashing processes that tend to spam the error logger.

The crashing processes error reason is being caught and everything is taken care of and
logged via the trapping_exits, spawn_linker.

Still the crashes spam the error_logger.

I am wondering if there is a way to set specific processes to not send a message upon
crash to the error_logger?

What I do not want is to disable the error logger all together, redirect it, disable stdout,
or write a custom error logger.

The reason I still want the error logger to function as it does is because other processes
can crash, visualization of code recompiles/failures during development is important and
general logging.

One solution I was helped with on IRC included wrapping the entire code with a try/catch
and exiting with a :normal exit reason and passing the original error as a tuple member.

But I would like to avoid wrapping everything in a giant try/catch, and this would still
produce a error_report on a brutal_kill.