[erlang-questions] prim_inet:send/3 hangs with nonexisting port

Salikhov Dinislam Dinislam.Salikhov@REDACTED
Thu Sep 14 16:55:04 CEST 2017

Hello.

I have ejabberd based application.
I've paid attention that some of the processes have messages in their
message queue and their reductions number doesn't change.

After some investigation I've figured out that all such processes waits
in prim_inet:send/3 with a port passed there (each process with a
separate port).
But when I've tried to find the port in erlang:ports(), there is no such
port in it.
Is it a bug I stumbled upon or such situation may be possible under
normal operation?

P.S. I use OTP-18.3

Thanks in advance.
Salikhov Dinislam