[erlang-questions] Erlang VM in Rust

David Goehrig dave@REDACTED
Wed Sep 13 03:08:05 CEST 2017

Based on past experience, every rewrite in solution/language du jour merely
fragments the community and introduces new classes of incompatible bugs.
The broad cost in social capital outweighs any narrow technical benefits.

I have seen it in my own projects. Even projects like Python, Ruby, and
Perl are suffering the social costs of rewrites.

We should remember language is a tool for communication between humans, and
they are not as easy to program :)

Dave