[erlang-questions] Erlang VM in Rust

Joshua Barney joshmbarney@REDACTED
Wed Sep 13 00:48:49 CEST 2017

I think the real point of implementing the Erlang VM in Rust is to increase the awesomeness 100 fold

But really, the only thing I can think of that affects erlang programs is that it could make is simpler to write nifs that can't crash your whole vm. I don't know how, however.

I feel like cargo could have a similar community building effect as npm has had for nodejs--an explosion of creativity that resulted in a lot of good quality tools for everyone to use. It's conceivable to me that development of a rust/erl VM could move very quickly by leveraging cargo crates

Sent from my iPhone