[erlang-questions] io:columns() call from escripts

Matthew Evans mattevans123@REDACTED
Sat Sep 2 16:34:01 CEST 2017

Hi,

We have a number of escripts used as engineering debug tools that make use of io:columns() to properly format output. This was working fine with R17, however we recently upgraded to R19 and now the call fails with {error,enotsup}.

Has anything changed between R17 and R19 to break things?

I'm investigating the build environment, but it works fine when we run it within the Erlang shell, just not within an escript.

Thanks

Matt